"When the chips are down, you are alone, and loneliness can be terrifying. Fortunately, I've always had a chum I could call. And I love to be alone. It doesn't bother me one bit. I'm my own company."
~ Audrey Hepburn
Though, I am not sitting here wishing for Prince Charming to come trotting down some hillside on a great white horse. I mean, I do want to meet that one person and get married someday. The older I get, the more I realize that if I really wanted to get married today, I could. I am at that age where it becomes a possibility. What a strange thought, huh? ...Actually, it is downright freaky not to mention terrifying! I am sooo not ready to get married! I have just started college for Pete's sake! But, I mean, it is something that does enter my mind at times. Girls always point out some attractive man passing by and say to their girlfriends, "That's my future husband!" And then of course they go into a chorus of giggles and squeals. But seriously, if I say that now, I really could be meaning it! "Hey! That man over there...you know the tall, dark, and handsome one...yep. He is my future husband." And then you meet him, he asks you on a date, you hit it off and date steadily for who knows how long, he proposes to you, and BAM! All of a sudden he goes from the random guy you brand as your future husband to...well, your present husband! How scary is that!? I mean, wow.,,That's it, I am not joking about future husbands anymore! I do not want to deal with any of what could ensue from that joke any time soon. Nope...No.
But anyway...What was I talking about? Oh yes! Audrey Hepburn...Well, see she spent a lot of time alone and she enjoyed every second of it. And I think that I need to do the same. I shouldn't learn to be completely happy alone. I mean, it is healthy to want that kind of relationship in one's life. But I should be content just being me and being alone for a while. Focusing on myself. Selfish?...maybe. But who cares! I can be generous and selfless later. Now is the time to be selfish and love every second of it! It is time to be my own company. The best kind of company there is.
Love, chocolate, and other beautiful things,
Kylene

I love you so much!!!! You inspire me!!!!!
ReplyDelete